Intuitive Painting


Earlier this week I had an urge to paint a horizontal piece so I began looking through my stash for something that would "work" and I found a piece of hardboard that had been base coated black and a canvas that was painted a medium blue.  I chose the black base coated hardboard.

I began going through my stencils and pulling those that I felt might be a connection to the painting somehow choosing from intuitive feeling.

Crackle.  I wanted a portion of the painting to have a crackled aged effect so I knew I would be working with one of the brands that I had on hand.  Also chosen and laid aside was a photo I had printed off the computer of a buddha to be used as inspiration.  Other than that I had NO idea where I was going...how it would end up..... so I just began, adding  elements as I progressed as well as using different collaging techniques.  PLAYING.

Last night when I went to bed at about 3:30 AM this is where I was with the painting.  I couldn't quit, I just stayed with the feeling knowing I could sleep in being retired.

Today when I was writing this post and  looking at the painting I noticed that the right eye was not done........ I have AMD in my right eye.  Co-incidence?  I have heard and read that there are NO co-incidences in life....and with intuitive painting this is something to keep in mind.  Will I paint the eye, will I leave it as it is or will I somehow enhance the area in a different manner?  I have no plans....however, Just from the picture I have posted here I see that there is an area above the eye that is WAY too light so that I will fix.....and slight modifications elsewhere......here and there.

I am currently taking an online class titled Soul Blossoming and the canvas has been started but is at a standstill......I have to ask myself if this is going to be a Soul Blossoming piece when it is finished and truly an intuitive painting?

I am anxious to finish but I am also enjoying the journey and I DON'T want it to be finished.

I have been painting intuitively for about 2 years as I process through an emotional victimization.  Art provides answers, allows for seeing things differently, surfaces feelings, and assists in recovery.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Card 2018

Stencil Cleaner

Stencil Fun